SOBEL HAN, LLP appointed as Borough Attorney for Red Bank, New Jersey.
Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, affirms dismissal of a complaint against our clients based in California alleging violation of the Consumer Fraud Act and other related allegations. Several co-defendants settled with the plaintiffs but our Motion to Dismiss was granted and upheld on appeal.
Gregory Cannon will be joining the firm as Partner effective February 1, 2017.
SOBEL HAN, LLP appointed as Borough Attorney for Allentown, New Jersey.
SOBEL HAN, LLP appointed as Borough Attorney for Belmar, New Jersey.
After a thorough investigation, the U.S. Office of Special Counsel dismissed an allegation against our client that she violated the Hatch Act which governs the political activity of certain state and local government employees.
SOBEL HAN, LLP successfully challenged the table of equalized valuation for 2017-18 established by the Director of New Jersey Division of Taxation. The parties concluded that the challenge involved arguable and disputed questions of fact and law and a resolution was made in our client's favor.
- SOBEL HAN, LLP reappointed as Tenant Advocate for City of Hoboken, New Jersey.
- SOBEL HAN, LLP appointed as alternate Borough Prosecutor for the Borough of Sea Bright, New Jersey.
- George McCarthy joined the firm as Law Clerk.
- Katherine Pauta joined the firm as Paralegal.
- SOBEL HAN, LLP attended The New Jersey Affordable Housing Management Association (JAHMA) conference in Atlantic City as counsel to some of the largest affordable housing owners and management companies in the State of New Jersey.
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, affirms the lower court's ruling denying defendant's Order to Show Cause and request to vacate a warrant of removal. Our client entered into a detailed stipulation on an atypical summary dispossess proceeding which defendant breached. The Court opined that it was "constrained to interpret the Stipulation giving 'reasonable meaning to all provisions [rather than]...one which leaves a portion of the writing unless and inexplicable.'" Maryland Cas. Co. v. Hansen-Jensen, Inc., 15 N.J. Super. 20, 27 (App. Div. 1951).
- SOBEL HAN, LLP attended the New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA) conference in Atlantic City.